Let me begin by saying that we are honored for the opportunity to serve this community. These challenging times are not what anyone would have imagined, but thankfully we are seeing a turn towards better conditions. We want to thank you for your continued support, cooperation and patience as we navigate through this situation together.
We have been preparing a set of policies and procedures to implement once local authorities decide it is safe and loosen restrictions. Collectively, these procedures make up the studio’s phased reopening plan.
The Pilates Sanctuary will begin to implement our phased re-opening plan in the coming weeks.
Phase 0 where we're at now. Per mitigation guidelines, private and semi private sessions of no more than 4 with appropriate social distance.
Phase 1 TBD will include reformer classes of no more than 6 participants with appropriate social distancing.
Phase 2 TBD will include everything in Phase 1 plus the addition of group exercise classes of no more than 6 people with appropriate social distancing.
Phase 3 (TBD) will include all of the above with a class size limit of 10 and loosening of social distancing.
What precautions are you taking to keep staff and clients safe?
POLICY, PROCEDURE AND GERM PREVENTION GUIDE
1. Stay home if you are sick. Once we are in Phase 1, late cancels will be reinstated. You will be given one 'pass' of a late cancel for sickness.
2. Before returning to the studio, all students must complete an updated liability waiver.
Please download and sign before returning to the studio.
3. REQUIRED - wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before starting your session.
Hand sanitizer is on the reception desk as well as on the shelf with the cleaners.
3. DO NOT touch your eyes, nose and mouth unless first washing or sanitizing your hands. When coughing or sneezing, do so into a tissue or the crook of your arm. A box of tissues will be placed at each reformer.
4. If it makes you more comfortable to use a mask during class, please do. We have masks available for sale in studio. Instructors and those not wearing a mask will be temperature checked before starting their shift/class.
5. All classes and sessions will be 50 minutes to allow for complete cleaning of equipment and props between classes. Sanitize all equipment both before and after class (double protection in case something was missed) with our new disinfectant approved by the CDC for COVID-19, this includes apparatus, mats and props. .
6. As we move into Phase 1, we will continue to offer a mix of both in-studio and virtual classes in order to accommodate everyone's comfort level. Please make sure you're reserving the correct class.
ALL VIRTUAL CLASSES WILL SAY VIRTUAL IN THE TITLE.
7. As instructors, we are trained to give tactile, hands on cues to help with your body placement and movement. If you would prefer to not be touched, please let your instructor know before the session starts.
What type of cleaning and disinfecting are you doing?
We are following the CDC guidelines to clean equipment first with soap and water and then using a disinfectant spray that is specifically approved by the EPA to kill the novel Coronavirus.
Do we need to wear masks?
For the time being, all staff and clients are required to take a temperature check when entering the studio or wear a mask per the CDC guidelines.
What about gloves and socks?
We are opting as a studio to require the use of grippy gloves and socks while in studio. We ask that you wash your gloves and socks after each use. We have grippy socks and gloves available for purchase in studio or they can be purchased through Amazon.
AS MOST OF FLORIDA ENTERS PHASE 1, WHAT CHANGES WILL WE SEE IN STUDIO?
1. OUR SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED TO ACCOMMODATE VIRTUAL CLASSES, ANY STUDENT THAT HAS MAINTAINED THEIR SESSIONS WITH US DURING THIS MITIGATION PERIOD WILL HAVE PRIORITY SCHEDULING FOR PRIVATES AND APPARATUS CLASSES.
2. REFORMER LOOPS HAVE BEEN COVERED WITH VINYL SHIELDS TO INCREASE THE EASE OF SANITIZATION.
3. THE BLEACHING OF ALL HIGH TOUCH SURFACES WILL CONTINUE.
4. WE ARE CURRENTLY IN PHASE 0, THE STUDIO IS OPEN FOR PRIVATE AND SEMI-PRIVATE SESSIONS AS DEFINED BY GOVERNOR DESANTIS. REFORMER CLASSES RESUME IN PHASE ONE, GROUP FITNESS CLASSES WILL RESUME IN PHASE 2.
5. TO PROTECT THE HEALTH OF OUR STUDENT BASE, ALL STUDENTS WILL BE ASKED TO FILL OUT A COVID-19 VISITOR QUESTIONNAIRE.
6. NO OUTSIDE SHOES ON THE STUDIO OR GROUP EX ROOM FLOOR.